Today another group start my business start-up course (Welcome!). For those who said ‘Yes’ to starting there are so many others who found it too hard to commit.
Change or growth requires courage and conviction. To make the most of a this small business start-up or growth opportunity here are Seven Tips to keep you on track:
1. If it was easy, everybody would be doing it. Success belongs to the people who can stay with something until they get good at it/ understand it. You will experience obstacles but it will be how you approach these challenges that will determine how quickly you will achieve what you want.
2. Everything is harder than it looks. People are quick to judge others, until they have to put their own skin in the game. From politics to the athletic field, the world if full of ‘energy vampires’. Ignore the negative people around you and prove yourself by your actions.
3. Forget perfectionism. Mistakes and failure are essential to human growth. It’s ok to make them. Productive people are likely to make them more often because they attempt more things outside of their comfort zone.
4. When you research you may find someone who is better at what you do than you are. That’s why the best athletes are always training. They believe that there is continually room for improvement. Anything worth learning requires repetition. You may not get it right the first time.
5. Long term success never happens when you try to take short cuts. Be patient but persistent. Keep your eye on your goals but don’t miss the opportunities that may appear in your peripheral vision. Sometimes the road to success includes a few side trips.
6. Set aside time to do the work. And give yourself some contingencies and buffers. Life happens, but get back on track as soon as you can before it gets in the ‘too hard basket’.
7. Here’s one of the best kept secrets about small business success: It’s much easier to achieve than you might think, because few people have the tenacity to put in a little extra. That’s where the money is. That’s where the opportunities lie. Whatever is new for you this month / this week/ this season go the extra mile for success.